Jaka Lounge is looking for a Senior Industrial Data Engineer for Holcim, a global leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions. Holcim’s passionate and talented team is working towards creating more sustainable and greener cities, smarter infrastructure, and better living standards around the globe. Their current initiative, Plants of Tomorrow, aims to increase performance and reduce unnecessary product waste for a global network of integrated cement plants and grinding stations. So far, Holcim has achieved to deploy 800 applications across 180 plants, utilizing technologies from automation and robotics to AI and digital twins. They don’t mean to stop there- the plan is to reach more than 5,000 deployments by 2025. Holcim is seeking expertise from a Senior Data Engineer who will play a crucial role in ensuring the seamless integration of new technologies.
What is expected from this role?
- Design, configure, and validate data pipelines
- Establish connections between existing and new applications through data pipe configuration
- Manage and administer SQL databases
- Utilize existing infrastructure for machine learning pipelines, particularly those involving time series data
- Prepare and configure machine learning pipelines according to customer requirements
- Oversee the end-to-end lifecycle of data from source to cloud
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to understand business requirements and desired features through user stories, ensuring the developed solutions add value for users
- Ensure the successful delivery of solutions and manage their ongoing enhancement roadmaps
- Promote the adoption and utilization of deployed technologies in the field through effective onboarding, training, and gathering frequent feedback from the user community
What is the ideal candidate’s previous experience?
- Worked on ML projects for machinery in heavy industry
- Productized ML models in cloud and on-premise
- Participated or led complex data driven projects
What knowledge and skills are needed to thrive in this role?
- Proficiency in data integration / EAI (Enterprise application integration) technologies
- Knowledge in RDBMS and SQL is required
- Experience with Unix-based operating systems
- Familiarity with version control / SCM (Source Control Management), GitHub preferred
- Knowledge of HTML 5, XML, Ajax, Flex, Web services/REST
- Knowledge of BI, Analytics, Cassandra, or other NoSQL technology
What will the Senior Reliability Data Scientist gain from this role?
- Competitive compensation
- An opportunity to work on cutting-edge products
- Freedom to choose a preferred work model: work from home or from the office
- Clear career path and great development opportunities within the company
- An opportunity to work on a meaningful project, ensuring sustainability worldwide
If all of this sounds interesting to you and you are excited about the possibility of working towards more sustainable future, don’t hesitate to apply. We are eager to meet you!