We are the world’s first all-in-one, source-to-hire Recruitment Automation Platform that is changing the way companies hire. We provide organizations with technology that leverages data science, machine learning, predictive analytics, candidate engagement, and recruitment marketing best practices to help your teams find the right talent and hire faster. The world’s largest and fastest-growing companies choose us to surface, engage, and hire top talent.
We are looking for a talented leader that can create a plan and map out how to execute it. Someone that can refine and prioritize ideas – and of course bring their own to the table. Someone that can get down to business to figure out how to deliver maximum value in the most agile fashion and within normal constraints. Someone that can work with our stakeholders so that they feel they are being heard and have the confidence that we will deliver the right solution to make their lives better.
You will be a proven people leader – that is the most important quality. We have an extremely high performing engineering team based primarily out of Serbia that needs someone that can set direction, motivate, and resolve conflicts across the various groups. The team can execute against any challenge, but needs someone that can help steer them through it. Our team needs an enabler, not a taskmaster. Humility is critical; listening is essential.
Although you may not code anymore, you used to. You may even still do it for fun. You must be able to earn the respect and confidence of the team through your background and cross-functional technical understanding. You will challenge people while knowing that most of them know more than you in their areas of speciality: your value is helping them to work together to create well-engineered, high quality products as quickly as possible. The right person has knowledge in architecture, infrastructure, operations, data science, and quality assurance.
Communication skills are also critical. Normally the technology organization works together out of an office in Serbia, but due to COVID-19 we are collaborating from home. We also have other departments, such as Customer Success, Sales, and Product based in San Francisco, Indianapolis, and New York in the United States. You must be able to properly articulate your thoughts, comprehend what others are saying, and know what and when to escalate.
What you’ll be doing:
- Set goals and create personal development plans
- Handle work prioritization, resource allocation, and staff planning
- Work with the Product team to develop and execute the product roadmap
- Manage the engineering lifecycle of multiple teams from development to release
- Track and report on key metrics such as velocity, defect rate, and code test coverage
- Resolve conflict, align priorities, and motivate the team
- Demand continuous improvement and quick execution
- Communicate extensively
- 8+ years experience in engineering leadership
- A strong hands-on background in software engineering
- Proven leadership managing people managers and individual contributors
- Deep knowledge of Agile and software development processes
- Involvement with building a SaaS product from inception to release
- Experience working cross-functionally with Product, Development, DevOperations, Data Science, and Quality Assurance teams
We celebrate diversity and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic information or criminal history.
If you believe this position aligns with your experience, please submit your CV down below. We are looking forward to meeting you!