The Technical Sales Specialist will have deep knowledge of Agremo product and technology and how they can be applied to help agricultural professionals (and remote sensing professionals servicing agriculture) in their work. He/she must be able to relate to people, while having a strong understanding of the technical details of the product, the scientific principles behind it, and how it works with – or compares to similar products and services. He/she must retain a deep understanding regarding methods and inputs that improve crop productivity, methods of creating efficiency and economic benefit for growers and solve problems facing the agriculture industry.
- Preparing presentations with technical information about the products and services and explaining them to prospective clients
- Conducting a needs assessment of the client’s requirements and selecting the appropriate solution, while illustrating how that solution will provide benefits for the client (e.g., reduce costs, increase the client’s production, etc.)
- Working as a part of the sales team, securing sales, arranging delivery, and in most cases overseeing product and solution implementation and integration into client’s business
- Working alongside sales representative with less extensive technical knowledge (the sales representative will be more focused on marketing, finding prospects and closing sales, while the technical sales specialist will be focused on the technical and domain expertise parts of the job
- For Key Accounts, this person will often be the primary contact for clients in delivering solution and services to achieve the desired outcomes and targets
- Cooperating with clients to establish the project brief, manage the resources and delivery of the project through to completion
- Developing proficiency in proper product use and expectations (product features and benefits)
- Maintaining close contact with internal operations and external supplier to ensure promptness of service and to ensure customer satisfaction
- Understanding and anticipating customer needs and market trends for new business opportunities
- Developing compelling success stories that demonstrate credibility and support sales growth
- Assisting the R&D team with new product ideas based on customer needs and inputs
- Assisting the marketing team with marketing campaigns.
Required skills and experience:
- 5+ years of work experience in the agricultural industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Agribusiness, Economics, Business or a closely related field
- Proven track record of delivering successful technical sales and/or consultancy activities
- Experience developing and managing multi-level customer relationships and accounts in the agricultural industry is preferred
- Ability to develop strong relationships and operate with integrity and professionalism
- Experience in analyzing data, drawing conclusions and interpreting the findings into recommendations
- Dynamic and ambitious personality
- Proficiency in English is a must
- Tech-savvy personality is a must
- Creative and focused, with a good eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong active listening, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel internationally
- Awareness of industry trends, technology, and developments.
What Agremo offers:
- Private health insurance
- Opportunity to visit international conferences and to travel abroad
- Great co-workers in a fast-growing start-up with global exposure
- Work in an international, enthusiastic and dynamic team
- An environment for personal and professional growth
- Modern offices in New Belgrade with a relaxed start-up culture.
If you believe this position aligns with your experience, please submit your CV down below. We are looking forward to meeting you!