Jaka Lounge is looking for a Head of Network Operations Centre for our client, IT company.
In this company you will meet people who are both innovative and fun, creating long-lasting customer relationships. They think outside the box to provide customer-centric solutions allowing them to achieve the results their customers desire. They believe that the customers priorities are imperative to the success of their business and they go above and beyond to dedicate themselves to them.
This position will report directly to the Director of Customers Operations and be a key leadership role with a strong focus on people, operational processes and systems to cover all aspects of the NOC.
As Head of NOC, you will provide the direction to the team to ensure that they deliver excellent and proactive support to all external clients through a first class, customer centric technical service which will achieve operational efficiency.
Your day to day role will consist of the following responsibilities:
- Leading the team while ensuring that they provide cost effective 24/7 operational monitoring, KPI and incident management of internal and customers Infrastructure.
- Managing a growing team, you will define the direction, the training and development plan, set the expectations and ensure that the team delivers.
- You will have input into the annual Capex & OpEx Budget and will be required to run and deliver to the agreed budget. You will review and optimise current costs and achieve cost saving through agreed means such as consolidation and system improvements.
- Providing invaluable guidance and direction in implementing next generation monitoring and alerting tools to deliver improved operational efficiencies, response times and automation.
- You will be expected to develop business continuity documentation, build test procedures and define resources to deliver service continuity in the event of a loss of site or critical service.
- Working closely with Pre-Sales, customer services, service transition and project managers to onboard new customer and services.
- Ownership of SLA management, operational report and service reviews to senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Development and ownership of service operating guides and NOC procedures.
- You will drive the business area to achieve the strategic intent through achieving operational excellence.
- Providing feedback through mentoring and coaching on individual development, skills and training requirements within the team.
- Conducting performance reviews to ensure the team is performing up to standard.
- Network Operations Centre management experience in a telecoms and IT NOC environment.
- Project Management qualifications would be an advantage.
- Strong leadership skills and previous experience of implementing and operating a 24/7 NOC and incident management service.
- Proven experience working ITIL service management experience or FCAPS equivalent.
- Excellent spoken & written English.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent technical and commercial awareness, with a proven track record in a similar role within the telecoms and ISP market.
- Excellent knowledge of next generation monitoring and alerting tools and system integration.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project).
- Has strong communication skills to provide updates to internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Excellent motivation skills in order to meet deadlines and handle change.
- An unrelenting approach to delivering operational excellence, productivity and efficiency.
- Set the behavioural & performance standards, you’ll need to energise your team and deal change and uncertainty in a positive manner.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Integrity and flexible approach to work and job duties.
- Approachable and a Team player.
- Excellent negotiation skills and Innovative thinker.
If you believe this position aligns with your experience, please submit your CV down below. We are looking forward to meeting you!