We are a Gigabit Internet Service Provider with products and services connecting over 6 million people a year across the United Kingdom. We are covering a wide range of sectors, including Defence, holiday parks, retail and residential area. Our entire strategy is built around growth through innovation, constantly delivering new products that delight users.
We are seeking to establish a nearshore software development team in Belgrade. In order to expand our team, we are looking for an experienced Head of Development.
Initially working from home with a local office opening being planned for 2021 you will be pivotal to the successful establishment and growth of this team and play an important part in this next step in the history of Wifinity.
Reporting directly to the Group CIO a key responsibility will be the integration and/or migration of legacy systems into a modern platform fit to support the ambition of the company. There is significant appetite to invest in our software product. You will have a large degree of autonomy in both architecture and development methodology and processes. An important part of this role will be to create processes that enable the business to better interface with the development team and better align development work to business strategy.
As we establish new processes and ways of working with the business you should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity as well as a fast-changing environment. We are searching for people capable of learning new technologies on demand and who can hit the ground running in an environment with significant technical depth. We are customer-focused and a positive customer experience is what drives our work.
Wifinity is a small ISP with big ambitions for growth. It currently provides WiFi installations for large venues, apartment blocks, holiday parks and military bases. We install our network infrastructure then provide the software for provisioning and maintenance of users and customers. The opportunities will be diverse and potentially transformational for our business.
- To lead and manage a team of senior software developers and software developers
- To devise a tactical plan which can be collaboratively carried out by the team – to implement improvements to our products, services, processes and knowledge sharing within the team
- To coaching and performance manage where necessary
- To facilitate the smooth delivery of all projects, enhancements and support delivered by the team
- To make sure that all team members have the latest in-depth knowledge of all onsite and relevant offsite aspects at the heart of all decisions on projects or enhancements that they make
- To facilitate technology and methodology decision making throughout team, including standardisation of system architecture, reusable code base development, versions of software tools, best practice, source control and deployment processes
- To drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the team
- To write clean and healthy structured, well documented code
- To take control over critical support instances and putting into place the correct escalation and process to manage and resolve issue as soon as possible
- To proactively drive innovation with new ideas and options made available by new technologies
- You will drive the business area to achieve the strategic intent through achieving operational excellence.
Skills and Expertise:
- At least 10 years of experience developing in a commercial environment
- Experience building Development teams from scratch
- Experience working for a remote company
- Demonstrable ability to interface between business and development teams
- Ability to work with a degree of ambiguity and a fast-changing landscape
- Experience with at least one JVM programming language (Java, Kotlin, Clojure)
- Familiar with SQL databases, either PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Curiosity about networking
- Fluid written and spoken English
- Comfortable with decision making
- A team player.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in the Telco sector
- Kotlin experience
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
What we offer?
- Private health insurance
- Full-time job and permanent employment
- Regular education, trainings, certifications
- Friendly and open atmosphere in a team of supportive and playful people
- Onboarding program with planned and regular support
- Fully equipped work zone.
If you believe this position aligns with your experience, please submit your CV down below. We are looking forward to meeting you!