TeleSign provides customer identity and engagement solutions for some of the biggest web properties in the World. Changing the way business engage with customers and prevent fraud requires the best and brightest minds working together, on a global scale.
- Provide database administration for TeleSign’s production Microsoft SQL, PostgreSQL DBs, Cassandra or MySQL.
- Support activities include DB installation, deployment, maintenance, performance tuning and optimization (SQL query, stored procedures & DB engine), troubleshooting/resolving DB problems, DB backups/restores, and insuring DB monitoring is in place to proactively alert Technology Operations to issues.
- Provide consultative support to the Development, Business Intelligence and Knowledge Engineering organizations to insure database & table designs, indices, database access, are error free and optimal from a performance perspective.
- Work closely with key staff to design/build a data warehouse from existing data sources. The data warehouse will support effective business operations through decision support, trending and reporting on key corporate performance indicators.
- In conjunction with other senior technical staff, act as DB expert to deliver highly available, reliable DB platforms to support the business.
- Provide consultative support for those less knowledgeable of DBs and their capabilities.
- University Degree in applied sciences.
- 1-3 years’ experience in MS SQL and one or more of the following Postgres, Cassandra or MySQL.
- Experience in resolving DB problems, including working with DB providers, DB performance issues, use of native monitoring tools.
- MCITP is a plus but not required.
- Use of Profiler and performance tuning of stored procedures.
- Experience in DB backup and recovery.
- Understanding of indexes, index management and statistics.
- Experience in setting up DB replication across multiple geographies for MS SQL or Postgres.
- Experience in being “go to” DB resource.
- Experience in a fast moving, agile development-based environment, preferably SaaS or cloud delivering based product offerings.
- Experience in SSRS and/or OLAP cubes.
- Some experience in scripting to support operations automation for DB related activities.
- Understanding of Internet security concepts.
- Familiarity with voice telecom and SMS messaging terminology.
- Ability to help other learn more about DBs and their effective use.
- Basic knowledge of BI concepts (cubes, ETL) and MS BI tools.
We are offering
- Good compensation – Competitive € salary plus benefits package.
- Development opportunities.
- Challenging but also a friendly working environment.
- And much, much more…